Wednesday, November 13, 2013

                                             On Friday we had an early celebration of Veteran's Day.  I had a very big speech in both activities.  The exact words were In 1938 armistice day was made a legal federal holiday , and in 1954 the word ''armistice'' was replaced with ''veteran's'' as a way to formally include all veteran's of all American wars in the day of remembrance.                                                                                                                                            Veteran's day is a day not only to remember those who died in service to our country , but also to recognize those who continue to serve in our military today to fulfill this patriotic duty  to maintain the freedoms of our country.  I was very happy , but scared at the same time.  I was exited that I memorized it by heart.                                                                                                                                                                              There were other very important parts in the celebration , like when the Veteran's talked about why they entered the military.  There are very many reasons why I think this celebration was important.

No comments:

Post a Comment